*disclaimer*

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Invited!

Congratulations! You have been invited to become a Peace Corps Volunteer.

 

What?! WHAT?! Yup, it's official- 9 months after submitting my application, I have been sent an invitation. I am anxiously awaiting that big brown UPS truck carrying my very important package. I don't think that it has actually hit me yet. Maybe when I tear open that beautiful blue package and dive through the paperwork... I will be departing early next year, but finally knowing what country I will be serving in will be a great relief. I can start researching the language and culture- oh yeah and start gathering my 80 lbs of belongings to take with me. 

To celebrate my graduation from UCF and my invitation to PC, I am going on a cruise to Mexico, Belize and Honduras. What a way to start my new life- traveling to the area of the world I will be living in for 2.25 years. The region changed because I missed my original nomination, but I am actually happy about it. The PC application process really is training for service. I know now after doing everything I had to do to get to this point (and handling it with patience and flexibility) that I have been prepped for what I will encounter in country. 

 As I have stated before, this process is long and arduous. For those hopeful applicants reading this, I say stick with it and appreciate that you have already begun training.

No comments:

Post a Comment