*disclaimer*

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Swearing in

Wow..it has been two weeks since swearing in! I can't believe it. I spend a few days in Georgetown enjoying the company of all of my fellow GUY23 peeps then on Wednesday April 13th we officially swore in as Peace Corps Volunteers! The ceremony was pretty...ceremonial. :) The party afterward was fabulous; it was great to celebrate! The next morning was a bit emotion with everyone saying their goodbyes. We spent 9 weeks seeing each other almost every day at training, then as soon as we became PCVs we were separated. It is exciting to plan travel to other regions to see other sites, but also very exciting to move to to my community.

I will post all about it just now. I don't have internet at my site, but I found a fabulous restaurant with free WiFi! It is sad to say how long I have spent here today...so I wont. This fabulous place is about a 40 minute ride out of "the bush".

Here are some pictures of swearing in and my site- ENJOY!









No comments:

Post a Comment